- Paul Walker secretly bought $9K wedding ring for Iraq vet
- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Organizers
The Indiana natives who created the basketball move "Hoosiers" are being inducted into the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame.
The biography of a 17th-century scientist who mapped the mysteries of human blood has won the medical-themed Wellcome Trust Book Prize.
It'll be a little bit country and a little bit rock `n' roll onstage at next month's American Music Awards.
Netflix's "Arrested Development" continues to add to its already impressive cast roster.
Music is highlighting the Toronto International Film Festival with a Michael Jackson documentary from Spike Lee and a closing-night film featuring Vanessa Redgrave as a terminally ill choir singer.
Friends and admirers of Marvin Hamlisch, including Bill Clinton and Ann-Margret, gathered Tuesday in New York City to bid farewell to the celebrated songwriter hailed as "the people's composer."
Berlin's mayor is welcoming a decision by the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation to choose a new Berlin location for a traveling design and discussion project after some local groups' hostility prompted it to abandon the first-choice site.
Rock veteran Bruce Springsteen will be the keynote speaker at the 2012 South by Southwest music festival in Texas.
Top-ranked Luke Donald and No. 2 Lee Westwood head the field for the Nedbank Golf Challenge in Sun City, South Africa.
The Broadway musicals "Sister Act and "Anything Goes" top the list of nominations for the Outer Critics Circle Awards.
Manchester United will play Major League Soccer's Chicago Fire, New England Revolution and Seattle Sounders as part of its preseason tour of the United States.
Hong Kong veteran Johnnie To's new romantic comedy as well as short films directed by Cannes-winning filmmakers from the Philippines and Thailand will open the 35th Hong Kong International Film Festival in March.