- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Ortega Items
A man accused of shooting an assault rifle at the White House and charged with the attempted assassination of President Obama faces two additional counts.
P.G. cracks down on clubs, other venues beset by violence; McDonnell announces biennial budget; D.C. police to release findings of internal investigation involving fed agents; PlanMaryland hits O'Malley's desk; Report out on Virginia uranium mining; Proposed Md. redistricting map targets GOP delegates; Hearing for accused White House shooter.
A man accused of firing shots at the White House is due in court Monday for a hearing
A man clad in black who was obsessed with President Obama pulled his car within view of the White House at night and fired shots from an assault rifle, cracking a window of the first family's living quarters while the president was away, authorities said about their still-developing investigation.
An Idaho man accused of firing two shots at the White House last week has been charged with attempting to assassinate President Obama or his staff.
On stage, she cuts a striking figure. It isn't her trendy clothes or Gypsy earrings, but her flamenco guitar: it's a man's instrument in a man's world. Spaniards are even more startled to discover Caroline Plante is a French-speaking Canadian.