- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Latest Oscar Hernandez Items
An associate of former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was arrested in a gun trafficking investigation related to the murder case against Hernandez.
Five former leaders of the city of Bell who were convicted in a municipal fraud scandal sued their former city attorney Friday, saying he led them to believe they were doing nothing wrong when they accepted six-figure salaries to run a modest Los Angeles suburb.
Public outrage forced Robert Rizzo out of a job last year, but the former city manager says he's still owed his $1.5 million salary and benefits.
Medical investigators found that infections linked to a contaminated liquid nutrition supplement could have begun two months before officials realized there was a widespread problem at Alabama hospitals, the head of the state health agency said Wednesday.
A former city manager accused of masterminding a scam to bilk the blue-collar Los Angeles suburb of Bell of more than $5.5 million was ordered Thursday to stand trial on more than 50 counts of fraud.
When Spanish Harlem Orchestra snagged its second Grammy award, it was a victory for the old school salsa sound over tough competition from Latin music's new guard.
The scandal-plagued city of Bell mismanaged at least $50 million in bond money, levied illegal taxes and paid exorbitant salaries to its leaders, according to a state audit released Wednesday.
The mayor and ex-city manager of the scandal-plagued Los Angeles suburb of Bell were among eight current and former city officials arrested Tuesday in a corruption investigation.
The mayor and the city manager of the Los Angeles suburb of Bell, Calif., were charged Tuesday along with six other city officials in an investigation by the Los Angeles County district attorney's office into bloated salaries that the public servants had secured for themselves.