- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Oslo Police
The U.S. Embassy and an area of central Oslo were evacuated Tuesday when a fake explosive device was mistakenly left beneath a vehicle trying to enter the compound, police said.
Norwegians spent the weekend trying to overcome the shock from the deaths Friday of 93 people in a huge bomb blast in the country's capital and then a massive shooting spree at an island retreat for young people.