- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
- Florida cops ticket toddler in toy convertible: report
- Kerry warns of ‘very serious’ response to Crimea-Russia alliance
- Fla. Rep. Alan Grayson’s wife drops restraining order against him
- McDonald’s lawsuits filed over wages ‘stolen’ like Hamburglar steals Big Macs
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
Topic - Otto Graham
Playoff losing streaks by NFL quarterbacks since 1950, according to STATS:
Peyton Manning was the only unanimous choice for the 2013 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team Friday. It was his seventh time as a first-teamer, tying Hall of Famer Otto Graham for the most by a quarterback.
Peyton Manning has responded to a lost season the way he reacted to all of his great seasons.
Peyton Manning is the only unanimous choice for the 2013 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team. It's his seventh time as a first-teamer, tying Hall of Famer Otto Graham for the most by a quarterback.
Colin Kaepernick stood in a cramped corner of the 49ers' locker room smiling and chatting with Alex Smith late Saturday night when a stranger interrupted the two quarterbacks.
Colin Kaepernick has set an NFL record for rushing yards by a quarterback in a playoff game.
Hyperbole can run amok when an NFL team wins its division for the first time in 13 years, especially if much of the heavy lifting is done by two rookies, one of them a virtual unknown before training camp convened.
Youth and inexperience have taken over the most important position in the NFL.
The current occupant of the White House is a basketball guy. Other recent Leaders of the Free World have been partial to golf, jogging and brush clearing. Not Richard Nixon. Nixon loved football — any kind of football.
Not so long ago, Mike Shanahan and Mike Holmgren were the resident geniuses of their respective conferences.
Quarterbacks watch so much game tape that it makes their eyeballs bleed. They're often the first players on the practice field, the last to leave. They're smart, for the most part, and they're leaders — let's not forget that. Leaders of large men in times of crisis.
A Super Bowl title, four MVP awards and playoff appearances in every season save one during the last decade, speak volumes about how much Peyton Manning means to the Indianapolis Colts.
So, maybe that long lockout didn't hurt the NFL rookies after all _ aside from the big hits they took to their wallets.
The Big Ten's new football trophy names:
The Cleveland Browns are paying homage to their rich past.
"I've got a great job here with no pressure and no [bothersome] alumni," he told Nixon.