- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Palestine Liberation Organization
Latest Palestine Liberation Organization Items
Guest lineups for the Sunday TV news shows:
Taiwanese officials are wondering why the United Nations continues to ignore their prosperous, stable democracy while U.N. diplomats promote statehood for the Palestinians - a squabbling, divided entity aligned with a terrorist organization.
Israel is bracing for one of the greatest diplomatic challenges since its founding — a Palestinian bid for U.N. membership that has galvanized the Jewish state's adversaries and left it searching for friends.
Tony Blankley is absolutely right ("Politics turns dangerously rougher," Commentary, Thursday). Freedom of speech is one thing, but the matter of violent words against the tea party is an example of the First Amendment's clause against incitement that threatens or "breaches the peace," as Mr. Blankley stated.
Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton warned Tuesday of growing religious intolerance in Arab nations that overthrew autocratic governments this year.
Warsaw and Prague might seem like unlikely battlegrounds in the Middle East conflict. Yet it suddenly matters - a lot - whether Poles, Czechs and others in the region align themselves with the Israelis or Palestinians.
In the wake of the celebrated Weiner roast, Jewish jokes are in. The congressman's surname doesn't help. Some of our funniest comedians are Jews, in a long line stretching from the Borscht Belt through vaudeville to Hollywood. Jews love to laugh at themselves. They aren't so happy when others laugh at them. They see the Weiner episode, for an example, as another "good Jewish boy makes a fool of himself."
A unilateral declaration of Palestinian statehood by the United Nations General Assembly would cause incalculable harm to peace and stability in the Middle East. The United States cannot prevent this ill-advised move - it circumvents America's Security Council veto by design - but U.S. leaders can let it be known that the U.N. would incur more than just a political cost.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Wednesday slammed a peace vision presented by Israel's prime minister and suggested the Palestinians now have their sights firmly set on seeking U.N. recognition of a Palestinian state in September.