- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
Latest Panama Items
Ninety seconds from elimination last month, El Tri earned the next-to-last berth in the 32-nation field by defeating New Zealand 4-2 Wednesday night for a 9-3 aggregate win in their home-and-home playoff.
Vice President Joseph R. Biden, in Panama on Wednesday, announced the easing of immigration policies for Panamanians traveling to the United States and said comprehensive immigration reform in Congress is the Obama administration's top goal.
After the United States men’s soccer team won their World Cup qualifying match on Tuesday night, the Mexican media exploded with praise for its neighbor to the north.
"I wanted him to say, 'You made me quit,'" Leonard said. "But then, at that moment, I saw him as a brother, a friend. He was struggling to think of what he could say, but nothing he could say could change what happened. I looked in his eyes. He was almost in tears. It was powerful stuff."
"It shows you how brutal football can be. For one side that's almost there, and then the other side is back in," U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann said. "Now obviously you feel for the people. You feel for an entire country."
Nine countries have already joined host nation Brazil in next year's World Cup and more will secure their places when qualifying resumes across the globe from Friday.
The twin-engine turboprop plane that crashed in northern Colombia on a U.S. counter-drug mission, killing three American contractors and a Panamanian aboard, had been tracking a suspected smuggling vessel over the western Caribbean when it lost radio contact, the U.S. military said.
Visitor have not been able to pay their respects to the 9,387 military dead at the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial at Omaha Beach since the U.S. government shut it down on Monday, the Associated Press reported.
He came from a family where fishing was a way to make a living. And Mariano Rivera, like others before him, was destined for a fisherman's hard life.