- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Park Police
Park police are a type of security police who function as a full service law enforcement agency with responsibilities and jurisdiction in park areas primarily located in cities and other urban areas. In addition to performing the normal crime prevention, investigation, and apprehension functions of an municipal police force, the park police may be responsible for policing other public areas and may also share law enforcement jurisdiction with a force of park rangers tasked with the same law enforcement powers and responsibilities. - Source: Wikipedia
State Park Police say a body has been found in Letchworth State Park in western New York.
Taking their lead from the veterans who first pushed through the barricades to visit the World War II Memorial, Americans nationwide are defying the federal government shutdown, tossing aside traffic cones and toppling wooden fences to get to national parks and other federal lands that the administration has deemed out of bounds.
So, someone told the Park Police to make life difficult for us citizens, and they complied ("The cheap tricks of the game," Commentary, Oct. 3).
A man who was airlifted from the Mall after setting himself on fire Friday afternoon has died of his injuries, police reported.
At least two animals have fallen ill from meatballs laced with rat poison after a disgruntled dog-hater scattered the tainted meat throughout the streets of San Francisco.
One man was killed in a Monday morning car crash on the Baltimore-Washington Parkway after his car veered off the roadway and struck a tree, Prince George's County public safety officials said.
Eight months have gone by since chants about corporate greed and government accountability echoed off the office buildings in downtown Washington, but on Monday, protesters plan to take up their flags and megaphones once again as part of the one-year anniversary of Occupy D.C.
Images of stoic police officers hauling away Occupy D.C. protesters were largely a memory Monday, as both sides tried to rebuild a cooperative — if cautious — co-existence following their 10-hour standoff Sunday.
Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart: Are they he-man enough to face the nation's ultimate gatekeeper?