- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: ‘Emergency plan’ launched
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
- Iraq: 60 dead in attack on prisoner convoy
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
Topic - Park Police
Park police are a type of security police who function as a full service law enforcement agency with responsibilities and jurisdiction in park areas primarily located in cities and other urban areas. In addition to performing the normal crime prevention, investigation, and apprehension functions of an municipal police force, the park police may be responsible for policing other public areas and may also share law enforcement jurisdiction with a force of park rangers tasked with the same law enforcement powers and responsibilities. - Source: Wikipedia
Park Police officers are investigating after a pedestrian was fatally struck while trying to cross Suitland Parkway.
So, someone told the Park Police to make life difficult for us citizens, and they complied ("The cheap tricks of the game," Commentary, Oct. 3).
Images of stoic police officers hauling away Occupy D.C. protesters were largely a memory Monday, as both sides tried to rebuild a cooperative — if cautious — co-existence following their 10-hour standoff Sunday.