- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court issues no ruling on case challenging N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
Parliament Of The United Kingdom
Latest Parliament Of The United Kingdom Items
The British House of Commons rejected a proposal from British Prime Minister David Cameron that would have paved the way for British military action against Syria — effectively ending the nation's chances of getting involved in a US-led strike against President Bashar Assad's regime.
President Obama and his top aides tried to rally support Thursday for retaliatory strikes in Syria, saying they remain convinced that the Assad regime used chemical weapons, but hopes for an international coalition took a major hit when the British Parliament voted against military action.
The life of the woman born Nancy Langhorne in Virginia in 1879 and died as Viscountess Astor in England in 1964 is the stuff of a glitzy romance novel of the kind made famous by Judith Krantz. Rich, spirited, Southern belle marries polo-playing Yankee socialite and soon leaves him after finding him a drunken brute.