- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug as Ukraine implodes,
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Confederate flag, blackface flaps lead Catholic school to expel 4
Parliament Of The United Kingdom
Latest Parliament Of The United Kingdom Items
The British House of Commons rejected a proposal from British Prime Minister David Cameron that would have paved the way for British military action against Syria — effectively ending the nation's chances of getting involved in a US-led strike against President Bashar Assad's regime.
President Obama and his top aides tried to rally support Thursday for retaliatory strikes in Syria, saying they remain convinced that the Assad regime used chemical weapons, but hopes for an international coalition took a major hit when the British Parliament voted against military action.
The life of the woman born Nancy Langhorne in Virginia in 1879 and died as Viscountess Astor in England in 1964 is the stuff of a glitzy romance novel of the kind made famous by Judith Krantz. Rich, spirited, Southern belle marries polo-playing Yankee socialite and soon leaves him after finding him a drunken brute.