- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Topic - Parys Haralson
Capsules of the 16 NFC teams entering NFL free agency, which begins Tuesday:
METAIRIE, La. (AP) — When Rob Ryan took over what was statistically among the worst defenses in NFL history, the Saints' first-year coordinator promised a flexible scheme which he could adjust to suit the strengths of whichever players he had.
METAIRIE, La. (AP) — Saints coach Sean Payton says outside linebacker Parys Haralson has a torn pectoral muscle and has been placed on injured reserve, ending his season.
The San Francisco 49ers have confirmed they have traded outside linebacker Parys Haralson to the New Orleans Saints and will receiver an undisclosed 2014 draft pick in return.
The San Francisco 49ers traded linebacker Parys Haralson to the Saints on Monday to fill a big need for New Orleans, a person with knowledge of the deal said.
Maurice Jones-Drew will begin the season much like he did his NFL career: as a backup and third-down running back.
While leaving 49ers headquarters Monday afternoon, Haralson said he'd been traded and planned to join his new team Tuesday.
He told teammates he would fly out first thing in the morning to join his new team _ headed back to the Big Easy, where San Francisco lost the Super Bowl 34-31 to the Baltimore Ravens in February.