- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Pat Mullins
The Virginia Republican Party chairman on Monday urged federal prosecutors to investigate Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe's appointment of a longtime GOP operative to the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board.
Virginia Republicans called for an investigation Thursday into Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe's appointment of a longtime GOP operative to the state Alcoholic Beverage Control board, a request that was swiftly turned down by the attorney general.
Texas Gov. Rick Perry filed an emergency order Wednesday in federal court requiring Virginia's Board of Elections to place his name on the ballot for the state Republican presidential primary.
Party chairman Pat Mullins announced Kenney's appointment to the post Wednesday.
The chairman, Pat Mullins, noted that federal prosecutors are pursuing corruption charges against former Republican Gov. Bob McDonnell and suggested any failure to also investigate McAuliffe's actions would suggest a politically tinged double standard.