- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
Latest Pat Sullivan Items
House Democrats on Wednesday unveiled a supplemental budget package that seeks to restore cost-of-living increases for teachers and puts additional money into education, while closing four tax exemptions, including one that grants a sales tax break to some out-of-state shoppers.
With the 60-day Washington state legislative session more than half over, one bill related to immigration has been sent to Gov. Jay Inslee for his signature. Both the House and Senate have given final approval to the measure, which would expand college financial aid to include students who were brought to the state illegally as children.
A letter signed by about 50 elected officials was delivered on Monday to the Port of Seattle urging the government agency that runs Seattle-Tacoma International Airport to embrace a citizen-approved initiative and raise the minimum wage for airport workers to $15 an hour.
House lawmakers have been receiving an extra $30 a day to be in Olympia since the start of the year.
Gov. Jay Inslee said Tuesday he will push to close tax exemptions to find another $200 million for Washington's public schools.
Rodeo cowboys got to watch as about 150 runners, from a high-school teacher to a coliseum official, dashed to stay ahead of 10 bulls for quarter-mile around the Mississippi Coast Coliseum.
A neighbor pulled an ailing woman from a fire that broke out Tuesday night in the kitchen of her trailer.
Jimbo Fisher's last play on a football field was for Samford. His first play as a college coach will be against the same small Alabama school.