- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Patricia Morgan
Families receiving food stamps would have to present photo identification when using electronic benefit cards to buy food under legislation being considered in Rhode Island.
Rhode Islanders trying to buy products using a food stamps card would have to present photo ID under legislation filed in the state's General Assembly.
Add another title for bluesman Pinetop Perkins: oldest Grammy winner.
"It's probably a luxury that we in Rhode Island can't afford," said Rep. Patricia Morgan, R-West Warwick, the lead sponsor. "You all know the reality of the coming years. We just don't have the $23 million."