- Colorado rakes in $2 million from January’s marijuana sales
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Patricia Racette
Two American sopranos _ one established, one up-and-coming _ showed off their considerable talents in roles new to them at the Washington National Opera over the weekend.
Angela Meade, a rising star at the Metropolitan Opera, rose a notch higher as she stepped into one of the touchstone roles of the soprano repertory, Leonora in Verdi's "Il Trovatore."
Never mind the "fiscal cliff," here's what's at the top of the mountainous schedule of music and arts events in store for Washingtonians and visitors this spring.
Broadway stars Patti LuPone and Barbara Cook joined director Francis Ford Coppola and playwright John Guare on Sunday to present this year's Opera News Awards.
Broadway stars Patti LuPone and Barbara Cook joined director Francis Ford Coppola and playwright John Guare to present this year's Opera News Awards.
Conductor Riccardo Muti, sopranos Kiri Te Kanawa and Patricia Racette, bass-baritone Bryn Terfel and tenor Jonas Kaufmann have won this year's Opera News Awards.