- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Latest Patrick Cannon Items
Former Charlotte Mayor Patrick Cannon is keeping a low profile since he was arrested in March on corruption charges.
The FBI is looking into the Charlotte City Council's vote in 2011 to limit access for taxicabs at the airport.
Charlotte's city council on Monday selected a lawyer and state legislator as mayor of North Carolina's largest city to replace Patrick Cannon, who resigned last month in a public corruption scandal.
The Charlotte City Council will wait another week before choosing a mayor to replace Patrick Cannon, who resigned last week in a public corruption scandal.
Mayor Patrick Cannon was getting ready to close the deal with the big-time developer, but was reluctant to take a briefcase containing $20,000 while sitting in his city office.
Patrick Cannon's rise to mayor began with his election to City Council in 1993, at a time when Charlotte was emerging as a major banking center.
Charlotte Mayor Patrick Cannon, who has been in office less than six months, resigned Wednesday, just hours after he was arrested and accused of taking more than $48,000 in bribes from undercover FBI agents posing as businessmen who wanted to do work with North Carolina's largest city.
Less than six months on the job, the mayor of Charlotte was arrested Wednesday and accused of accepting more than $48,000 in bribes from undercover FBI agents posing as businessmen who wanted to do work with North Carolina's largest city.
The mayor of North Carolina's largest city has been arrested on public corruption charges.