- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
By Fred J. Eckert
House GOP leaders have failed to appoint a select committee
Topic - Patrick Casey
D.C. police captain challenges Chief Lanier in court; Court dates set for Md. lawmaker Alston; High-climbing engineers return to Washington Monument; P.G. police say summer patrols cut violent crime; Nationals say late-season rally was profitable; Allen campaign accused of bouncing trackers; G.W. student who was Afghanistan war veteran fatally punched on D.C. street; House Democrats turn focus to GOP's Bartlett.