- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Patrick J. Reilly
In what has become an annual tradition, another Catholic university has come under fire for its choice of commencement speaker.
Patrick J. Reilly's column "Labor redoubles assault on Catholic colleges" (Commentary, Wednesday) paints a clear picture of the efforts of the National Labor Relations Board. Supported by President Obama's Brown Shirts in the guise of federal agents, the NLRB props up the decrepit and dysfunctional union system.
"The mission of the Cardinal Newman Society is to help renew Catholic higher education, and we can think of no better way to do that than by offering this edition of the Newman Guide as a book but also as a free online resource. We are doing this so that as many Catholic families as possible are able to learn about the quality academics and faithful campus life available at the recommended colleges," Mr. Reilly said.
"When we published the original Newman Guide in 2007, we did not know what to expect, but we found that families were eagerly searching for help in identifying Catholic colleges that truly embrace their Catholic mission in all facets of campus life," said Patrick J. Reilly, president of society.