- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Patrick J. Reilly
In what has become an annual tradition, another Catholic university has come under fire for its choice of commencement speaker.
Patrick J. Reilly's column "Labor redoubles assault on Catholic colleges" (Commentary, Wednesday) paints a clear picture of the efforts of the National Labor Relations Board. Supported by President Obama's Brown Shirts in the guise of federal agents, the NLRB props up the decrepit and dysfunctional union system.
"It is scandalous and outrageous that America's oldest Catholic and Jesuit university has elected to provide this prestigious platform to a publicly pro-choice Catholic who is most responsible for the Obama administration's effort to restrict the Constitution's first freedom, the right to free exercise of religion," said Patrick J. Reilly, president of the Cardinal Newman Society, which advocates for a stronger Catholic identity at schools such as Georgetown.