- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest Patrick Willis Items
As hard-hitting safety Donte Whitner headed out of the Bay Area for his hometown of Cleveland, the San Francisco 49ers wasted little time finding someone to fill his position.
Patrick Willis took the high road. He hopes the Seattle Seahawks win the Super Bowl and represent their division and the NFC.
Matchups for the NFC championship game Sunday between the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks at the CenturyLink Field:
From the pick six that closed Candlestick to a pair of goal-line stands in Carolina, it seems like whenever San Francisco needs a big play from its defense one of the 49ers' decorated linebackers steps up.
Michael Crabtree only had three catches for 26 yards in San Francisco's 23-10 NFC divisional playoff win over the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.
Aldon Smith appreciates these playoffs a little more.
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — As a reward for finishing the regular season tied for the second-best record in the NFL, the San Francisco 49ers get what may be one of the coldest playoff games in league history.
On Monday, Dwight Clark will make a point to walk to the spot of his famous game-winning touchdown known only as "The Catch" for probably the final time.
Aldon Smith believes he is on the path to being sober for good.