- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
- Joint Chiefs chair Dempsey: Pentagon, VA too slow in merging medical systems
- Sen. Ben Cardin hits Ukraine for crackdown on Kiev protests
Latest Patriot League Items
Charles Hinkle scored 17 points and Daniel Munoz made four free throws in the final 1:06 to help American University defeat Navy 67-60 Wednesday night in a Patriot League game.
One long run ensured American would leave Bender Arena with one impressive victory.
Charles Hinkle's emergence as American's most potent offensive force germinated in offseason workouts and especially during the Eagles' summer trip to Europe.
Jordan Sugars had a December he'd much rather not remember.
George Mason enjoyed one the finest regular-season runs through the Colonial Athletic Association in the league's history a season ago, ripping off 14 straight conference wins in January and February.
If a sense of continuity keeps you at ease, this year's American basketball team might make you squeamish. The Eagles' leading rebounder last year, Stephen Lumpkins, left school this summer to pursue a pro baseball career. Last year's leading assist man, Nick Hendra, graduated in May. And the team's best scorer, Vlad Moldoveanu, is busy forging a basketball career in Italy.
The bus chugged along main arteries and back roads, crisscrossing western Pennsylvania deep into the winter.