- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
- Houston dad kills boy, 17, in daughter’s room in mistaken ID tragedy
- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
- Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires’ list grows
- Army’s ‘Most Wanted’ fugitive on lam since 1977 nabbed in Florida
- ‘Seinfeld’-loving fraudsters busted on ID theft — of Eric Holder
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
Topic - Paul Anka
Family members and hundreds of fans bid farewell Monday to Violetta Villas, a Polish coloratura soprano who spurned opera for popular music and once reigned in a Las Vegas cabaret.
More people would rather take a summer road trip with Rudy Giuliani and Barack Obama than with Hillary Clinton and John McCain, at least according to a new survey of 4,000 people by Rand McNally. The mapmaker asked respondents to name the presidential candidate who would be the best traveling companion along open highways, where small eateries loom large with the promise of chicken-fried steak with cream gravy.