- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest Paul Hewitt Items
After George Washington leading scorer Maurice Cheeks suffered through a miserable first half Sunday, his coach told and teammates told him to keep shooting.
The win moves the Colonials (21-7, 9-5 Atlantic 10) into a tie for fourth place with Massachusetts with two games remaining. The top four teams in the regular season earn a bye into the conference tournament quarterfinals.
Sherrod Wright had 19 points and Bryon Allen added 18 as George Mason avoided another second-half collapse in a 69-60 win over Richmond on Wednesday night.
George Mason coach Paul Hewitt went out of his way to avoid a technical following a tough call, but was whistled for one all the same in the Patriots overtime loss to No. 10 Saint Louis.
Saint Louis coach Jim Crews feels it is pretty simple why the last-place team in the Atlantic 10 has given his 10th-ranked Billikens fits in both meetings this season.
George Mason again came close to ending No. 10 Saint Louis' school-record winning streak. Again, the Patriots lost in overtime.
A career-high 30 points for George Mason's Bryon Allen left him in no mood celebrate.
The Colonials have the edge inside with the big man tandem of Isaiah Armwood and Kevin Larsen, but George Mason's rebounding freshman Jalen Jenkins has turned into a boarding machine.
George Mason was on the verge of pulling off a big upset against No. 16 Massachusetts until the final 30 seconds.