- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Topic - Paul Hornung
Paul Hornung believes Brett Favre will one day be welcomed back with open arms by the Green Bay faithful. The Hall of Famer just thinks it will take time.
Stanford fullback-linebacker Owen Marecic won the inaugural Paul Hornung Award on Monday.
"He's a tough kid," Hornung said of the 6-0, 246-pound Marecic, who ran for five touchdowns and had two interceptions last season for Orange Bowl champion Stanford.
"This quarterback has had a special year, he's been absolutely double-sensational," Hornung said.