- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Paul Johnson Items
Georgia Tech senior wide receiver Darren Waller has been suspended for the first two games of the 2014 season for a violation of team rules.
Norfolk police plan to increase their presence near Old Dominion University following the off-campus slaying of a student.
Two college students in Virginia have been slain in separate incidents.
There are many things about Barack Obama's presidency that have left a bad taste in America's mouth. We can add another one to the list; namely, his astonishing lack of understanding about the history of Muslim anti-Semitism.
Army ended the season on a five-game losing streak, and lost both of its games vs. other service academies, including a 42-28 defeat at Air Force. The Black Knights' victories came against Morgan State, Louisiana Tech, and Eastern Michigan.
Last week, Francis Bacon's painting "Three Studies of Lucian Freud" (1969) sold for an astonishing $142.4 million at a Christie's auction in New York.
In most years, the winner of the rivalry game has won the division. Last year was an exception. Virginia Tech beat the Yellow Jackets 20-17 in overtime, but Georgia Tech still played in last year's ACC championship game.
One of the most important subjects an author can or will ever delve into is the history of Christianity. Great writers such as Paul Johnson, Will Durant, C.S. Lewis, G.K. Chesterton and Diarmaid MacCulloch have lovingly crafted volumes of work on this important world religion.
Southern California was ranked No. 1 at the beginning of the season, and Matt Barkley was a strong contender for the Heisman Trophy. The year ended with Barkley on the sideline as the Trojans lost to Georgia Tech in the Sun Bowl.