- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - paul lawrie
Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano grew up watching the famed "Spanish Armada" team of Seve Ballesteros and Jose Maria Olazabal, so the Ryder Cup means everything to him. He still recalls the encouragement from Olazabal a year ago.
Tiger Woods, looking to break his drought of 17 majors without a title, will tee off in the 8:35 a.m. group Thursday, playing alongside Davis Love III and Keegan Bradley.
Leader Miguel Angel Jimenez will tee off for the third round of the 2013 British Open at Muirfield at 10:20 a.m. ET Saturday, playing with Henrik Stenson. But the high-profile pair just ahead of them, Tiger Woods and Lee Westwood, should draw a large gallery.
Some of the most significant moments in recent history of the British Open at Muirfield have come on the 17th hole.
The field for the 142nd British Open golf championship, which starts Thursday at Muirfield. Players listed in only the first category for which they qualified:
How well do you know the British Open? Try this trivia quiz:
Graeme McDowell has already moved on to other majors.
Phil Mickelson knew it was going to be close, so he made sure his group could finish the second round of the U.S. Open on Friday.
Luke Donald holed out a chip for birdie on the short par-3 13th to reach 4 under and top the leaderboard in the U.S. Open.
The marquee group of Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and Adam Scott is set to go off Thursday at 1:14 p.m. and Friday at 7:44 a.m.
Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and Adam Scott, the top three players in the world rankings, will play together in the first two rounds of the U.S. Open at Merion.
Sunday's final round of the 2013 Masters Tournament will see co-leaders Angel Cabrera and Brandt Snedeker go off at 2:40 p.m.
Peter Hanson welcomed the snow storm that suspended play Wednesday just before he was scheduled to tee off against Thomas Bjorn in the Match Play Championship.
Paul McGinley was chosen as Europe's Ryder Cup captain for 2014, ending a chaotic campaign marked by a late challenge from former captain Colin Montgomerie.
Paul McGinley appears to be the front-runner to become Europe's Ryder Cup captain for 2014 after Darren Clarke raised doubts about taking on the responsibility.
"That happens every year," said Lawrie, who made his first Ryder Cup team by winning the British Open in 1999. "We want big tournaments. We want big prize money. And that's what we've got."
"It's a huge honor," Lawrie said.