- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
Topic - Paul Lindsey
The National Republican Congressional Committee announced Friday night it raised $8.5 million in July, outpacing -- for the fourth straight month -- the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, which last month brought in $6.2 million.
"The NRCC has made a strong emphasis on recruiting community leaders. There is no better example of that than the military veterans who have defended their country and are now working to serve their fellow citizens in Congress," said Paul Lindsey, deputy communications director for the NRCC.
Mr. Lindsey also said July marked the fourth straight month -- and the fifth time in seven months -- that the RNCC outraised the DCCC.