- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Topic - Paul Metcalf
It was a violent weekend in the District, with two people killed and a nightclub shuttered amid a slew of shootings and stabbings that happened as officers flooded the streets to beef up patrols.
Police say three men have been shot and at least one of them was seriously wounded in southeast Washington.
Police in Washington say two people are dead after a multiple-vehicle crash in northeast Washington in which one driver was traveling in the wrong direction on a roadway.
Two men were shot, one fatally, in separate incidents Wednesday in the District, D.C. police said.
A woman was badly injured during an assault in Northwest D.C. on Saturday, police said.
Two males were injured in unrelated shootings late Saturday night and early Sunday morning, D.C. police said.
D.C. police were investigating two early morning shootings on Sunday, one of them fatal, a spokesman said.
Three men died of shootings or stabbings this weekend, during one of the most violent 48 hours of the year, D.C. police said.
Five people were shot and five others were stabbed, one fatally, over the weekend in the District, police said.
Metropolitan police on Friday issued a description of an unidentified man found fatally shot in the Northeast neighborhood of Deanwood.
Police arrested one person at the scene for crossing a police line, but that person was not believed to be the shooting suspect, Officer Metcalf said.
A second homicide was reported early Sunday, Metropolitan Police Department spokesman Officer Paul Metcalf said.