- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Topic - Paul Petrino
The NCAA has levied penalties, including a ban on post-season play next season, against the Idaho football team for failing to meet academic standards for the 2009 through 2012 seasons.
Tyler Wilson won't have to look far for advice from a Petrino when No. 10 Arkansas opens its season against Jacksonville State on Saturday.
Illinois and Northwestern play for a trophy with no history, a two-year-old replica of Abe Lincoln's hat. The trickle of venom that flows between the two programs would make SEC fans snicker.
Juice Williams is gone and the guy who's being asked to replace him at Illinois after two bad seasons was barely a blip on the roster a year ago.