- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest Paul Shechtman Items
In a story Dec. 18 about appeals court arguments in the Cameron Douglas drug case, The Associated Press incorrectly quoted Douglas' lawyer, saying he referenced Douglas' father, Michael Douglas, when discussing Cameron Douglas' history of substance abuse, and said the father limited his son's cocaine snorting. The actual quote from lawyer Paul Shechtman was, "While still a young teenager, he drank heavily and began snorting cocaine."
Michael Douglas was among spectators Wednesday as an appeals court panel heard attorneys argue whether his son was treated too harshly when he was sent to prison for nearly 10 years for drug crimes.
The Douglas name _ first with patriarch Kirk and later with son Michael _ has always meant gold for Hollywood. But drama for the third generation of the Douglas family has occurred mostly off-screen, where Cameron Douglas has battled drug addiction and legal troubles.