- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
By Ellen Sauerbrey and Dee Hodges
Topic - Paul Stastny
Nathan MacKinnon had the puck in the final minute of overtime and each of the four opposing skaters stood passively and stared at the phenom.
Nathan MacKinnon squirmed a bit in front of his locker and tugged on the brim of his Colorado Avalanche ball cap, a little uncomfortable with any sort of comparison to the Great One.
Colorado is in the mix for one of the top playoff seeds in the Western Conference, and first-year coach Patrick Roy thinks the Avalanche are one of the NHL's biggest surprises.
Patrick Roy returned to the Colorado Avalanche to restore the glory years he helped forge, and he's enjoying the ride with a young team playing at a high level.
Semyon Varlamov showed there were no lingering effects from a disappointing finish at the Winter Olympics.
Paul Stastny says the sacrifices made by his father makes him appreciate the freedoms he enjoys as an American.
Team USA forward Paul Stastny says the pressure is all on the home team heading into Saturday's showdown.
The United States got off to a spectacular start in the Olympic men's hockey tournament with a 7-1 victory over Slovakia on Thursday.
Paul Stastny scored twice during a six-goal barrage in the second period, and the United States got off to a spectacular start in the Olympic men's hockey tournament with a 7-1 victory over Slovakia on Thursday.
Team USA hockey has been up and down over the course of its recent history in the Olympics, but in Sochi they "expect to win." More here.
A short track speed skater from Springfield who raised nearly $50,000 online to cover training costs is one of just two Missourians competing at the Winter Olympics in Russia.
Jussi Jokinen had a goal and two assists in the first period, Evgeni Malkin scored in the opening minute, and the Pittsburgh Penguins chased Jonathan Quick in a 4-1 victory over the struggling Los Angeles Kings on Thursday night.
Semyon Varlamov celebrated his new contract with another stellar performance in net.
Semyon Varlamov has mastered beating the Dallas Stars.
Ryan O'Reilly is on a roll.
Paul Stastny added another with 6.3 seconds left.
"When you're young you think about playing in the NHL," he said, "but as you get older and wiser you realize there's so much more to life than hockey.