- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Latest Paul Strauss Items
Although he probably was unaware, President Obama conjured up a neatly wrapped birthday gift for Marion Barry the other day.
The District of Columbia, the city that has longed for statehood and self-rule, now finds itself facing uncomfortable questions about whether it is thwarting the will of its own residents.
As Puerto Rico prepares to hold its first status referendum in 14 years this November, a leading advocate for D.C. statehood said he sees strong parallels between the two jurisdictions' political situations.
Actress Hayden Panettiere was born and raised in upstate New York, lives in Los Angeles and has no roots in the nation's capital. But she's passionate about securing full representation in Congress for District of Columbia residents.