- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Emails reveal an ugly American abroad out to bring down conservatives
Topic - Paul Thomas Anderson
The top 10 films of 2012, according to AP Movie Critic Christy Lemire:
It's tempting to call "The Master" a revelation, except that I'm not quite sure what, if anything, this elusive and elliptical tale of character, will and power actually reveals. But it's certainly a confirmation of director Paul Thomas Anderson's status as one of the most fascinating and visionary directors working today.
Paul Thomas Anderson's cult drama "The Master" commanded a huge following in its opening weekend, smashing records on just a handful of screens.
Viewers hoping for a juicy expose of the super-secretive Church of Scientology in "The Master" might want to adjust their expectations just a tad.
South Korean director Kim Ki-duk's drama "Pieta," the brutal story of a debt collector who cripples those who can't pay until he meets a woman who claims to be his mother, won the Golden Lion for best film at the 69th Venice Film Festival on Saturday.
Director Paul Thomas Anderson acknowledges that Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard was the inspiration for the title character in `'The Master," but says the focus of the film is the relationship between a charismatic spiritual leader and his troubled follower, not the movement itself.
The Venice Film Festival says U.S. director Paul Thomas Anderson's "The Master" will be the 18th film competing for its coveted Golden Lion award.
I showed him the film, and the rest is between us," Anderson said.