- Fire departments fear Obamacare will gut volunteer ranks
- Rep. Alan Grayson loses $18M in stock scheme
- Christmas secularists get 6-foot beer-can Festivus pole at Florida Statehouse
- George Zimmerman’s girlfriend flips on assault: Let ‘my boyfriend’ go
- Lululemon Athletica chairman quits after firestorm over his fat-thighs comment
- CBS’ beleaguered Lara Logan gets a cheerleader — Dan Rather
- Jesus tops list as most significant figure in history; Mohammed at 4th
- See a drone? ‘Shoot it down,’ says Colorado ordinance
- Spanish journalists kidnapped by al Qaeda group in Syria
- Nevada rescuers frenzied to find 4 kids, 2 adults lost in snow
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Paul Thurmond
South Carolina state Rep. Nikki Haley confirmed her status as a rising Republican star, easily winning a runoff election for the GOP nomination to succeed Gov. Mark Sanford.
A black lawmaker is battling the son of one-time segregationist Strom Thurmond for the Republican congressional nomination in Charleston, a contest that could provide an indicator of both racial progress in the South and the GOP's efforts to diversify the party.