- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Pavol Demitra
Tomas Vokoun still looks at Skype on his computer and sees Josef Vasicek's name — knowing he'll never get the chance to talk to his friend again.
It will be a few days before pucks hit the ice at New York Rangers training camp.
Hundreds of mourners gathered in the center of Prague on Thursday to honor the three Czech hockey players who died in the plane crash that killed 43 people and wiped out a top Russian club.
A Russian jet carrying a top hockey team slammed into a riverbank moments after takeoff Wednesday, killing at least 43 people in one of the worst plane crashes ever involving a sports team. Two other people on board were injured critically.
Before stepping onto the ice for an informal preseason workout Wednesday, Alex Ovechkin learned the awful news: A plane carrying Russian team Lokomotiv Yaroslavl of the Kontinental Hockey League had crashed, killing at least 43 of the 45 people on board.
The Minnesota Wild claimed left wing Patrick O'Sullivan off waivers from the Carolina Hurricanes on Tuesday.
"I wanted to honor him at least by that," he said.