The man charged with killing a 6-year-old boy in 1979 made a false confession and will plead not guilty in a case that catalyzed the missing-children's movement, his attorney said Thursday.
The suspect in the infamous 1979 disappearance of a 6-year-old boy from his New York City neighborhood has been indicted on charges of murder and kidnapping, his lawyer said Wednesday.
A man long considered the prime suspect in the disappearance of a New York City boy more than three decades ago was released from a Pennsylvania prison on Wednesday then immediately arrested on a Megan's Law violation, state police said.
An unmanned space capsule carrying medical samples from the International Space Station splashed down in the Pacific Ocean on Sunday, completing the first official private interstellar shipment under a $1 billion contract with NASA.
For prosecutors, the work is just beginning after the astonishing arrest last week of a man who police say confessed to strangling a 6-year-old New York City boy 33 years ago in one of the nation's most bewildering missing-child cases.
When police dug up a Manhattan basement last month in a fruitless search for the remains of Etan Patz, a 6-year-old boy who disappeared in 1979, Lucy Suarez saw the news on TV and wished that the family of the missing child would finally get some peace.
A man accused of luring 6-year-old Etan Patz into the basement of a convenience store with the promise of a soda in 1979 and strangling him was charged with second-degree murder on Friday, the 33rd anniversary of the boy's disappearance.
In a potential break in one of the nation's most baffling missing-children cases, a former convenience-store employee has told police that he suffocated 6-year-old Etan Patz in 1979 and left the boy's body in a box in an alley, law enforcement officials said Thursday.
Being traded from the Chicago White Sox to his hometown San Diego Padres couldn't have been any more convenient for All-Star outfielder Carlos Quentin.