- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
Latest Penguin Group Items
James Carville and Mary Matalin, political rivals and personal bedfellows, are collaborating on a book in which they will again agree to disagree.
The recall, the demonstrations, the rogue charm? It will be on book shelves in the fall. Here comes "Unintimidated: A Governor's Story and a Nation's Challenge," penned by Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker. But wait. A memoir of intent such as this could equal White House aspirations.
Celebrity chef Giada de Laurentiis is serving up a few stories for kids.
Celebrity chef Giada de Laurentiis is cooking up a few stories for kids.
If you buy only one history book for the rest of 2013, this should be the one. Book reviewers have long turned such phrases as "magisterial" and "masterpiece" into cliches. This book richly deserves far more effusive encomiums. I can only say that Kevin Phillips will change everything you think you know about our American Revolution and replace it with a deeper, richer understanding of the more complex and very human story of our founding.
Best-selling suspense novelist Brad Meltzer is working on a children's series.
"Detroit: An American Autopsy" (The Penguin Press), by Charlie LeDuff
The latest website for discovering, discussing and buying books is sponsored by some of the industry's leading publishers.
Ballet dancer Misty Copeland has a two-book deal.