- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Penguin Group Items
iBooks' Official Book Charts for the week ending Jan 6, 2014:
James Carville and Mary Matalin, political rivals and personal bedfellows, are collaborating on a book in which they will again agree to disagree.
The recall, the demonstrations, the rogue charm? It will be on book shelves in the fall. Here comes "Unintimidated: A Governor's Story and a Nation's Challenge," penned by Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker. But wait. A memoir of intent such as this could equal White House aspirations.
Celebrity chef Giada de Laurentiis is cooking up a few stories for kids.
Celebrity chef Giada de Laurentiis is serving up a few stories for kids.
If you buy only one history book for the rest of 2013, this should be the one. Book reviewers have long turned such phrases as "magisterial" and "masterpiece" into cliches. This book richly deserves far more effusive encomiums. I can only say that Kevin Phillips will change everything you think you know about our American Revolution and replace it with a deeper, richer understanding of the more complex and very human story of our founding.
Best-selling suspense novelist Brad Meltzer is working on a children's series.
"Detroit: An American Autopsy" (The Penguin Press), by Charlie LeDuff
The latest website for discovering, discussing and buying books is sponsored by some of the industry's leading publishers.