- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Latest Penny Pritzker Items
Emphasizing skills training as key to a growing middle class, President Barack Obama on Wednesday announced $600 million in competitive grants to spur creation of targeted training and apprenticeship programs to help people land good-paying jobs.
Commercial and tribal fishermen in Washington state could be getting federal help after the closure of the Fraser River sockeye salmon fishery last year cost them millions of dollars.
Executives of two Illinois companies are joining the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on her first trade mission.
To some, Commerce Secretary nominee Penny Pritzker is known as "the Bundler" of campaign cash. She is also a Hyatt hotel heiress and billionaire who was President Obama's 2008 campaign-finance manager ("Commerce nominee Pritzker downplays role in management of failed bank," Web, May 23).
President Obama's choice of Hyatt hotel heiress Penny Pritzker as secretary of commerce, to be taken up Thursday by the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee, puts Democrats on the panel between that famous rock and a hard place.
Commerce secretary-nominee Penny Pritzker told lawmakers Thursday that she regrets the losses suffered by customers of a failed bank she once led, but a lawyer for the depositors said the bank's owners never fully reimbursed them or the government.
During his 2012 campaign for re-election, President Obama and his team accused Mitt Romney of "betting against America" for investing in offshore accounts. If Mr. Romney "bet against America," so did the family of Penny Pritzker, Mr. Obama's nominee for commerce secretary.
President Obama nominated longtime fundraiser and hotel heiress Penny Pritzker Thursday to run the Commerce Department, gambling that her role in a failed bank and opposition from labor groups won't derail her Senate confirmation.
Chicago businesswoman Penny Pritzker, who ran President Obama's campaign fundraising operation in 2008 and was criticized for her role in a bank failure, is under consideration to serve as Commerce secretary.