- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Latest Pentecost Items
For some years now, the Catholic Church in the United States has been experiencing signs of new energy and new life — something of a new Pentecost.
Director Guillermo del Toro’s vision of a near-future world in which mountain-sized beasts emerge from the sea to trade body blows with skyscraper-sized mechanized warriors serves up its oversized battles with sufficient imagination and zeal to overcome its shortcomings when it comes to flesh and blood humans.
Television producer Mark Burnett said his successful three-hour History production of "The Bible" is heading to the big screen.
Sunday was the first of Advent, the season of preparation for Christmas. We all know how to get ready for Christmas: Shop til you drop, make an appearance at every holiday party, decorate your home like in the magazines. It's go, go, go: get stressed out, exhausted, sick, and then spend the week between Christmas and New Year’s in bed trying to recover.
As an evangelical Christian, I've thought recently about why it is that we must support outspoken Christians who usually talk about abortion and homosexuality. Perhaps we should identify Christian politicians who may speak about other issues but nevertheless still have our goals in mind. Ron Paul could be exactly that kind of candidate, certainly on par with (if not above) other evangelicals in the GOP presidential nomination race.