- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
- Diapered toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
- Obama’s post re-election stats irk: 81 golf rounds, 75 fundraisers
- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Perianne Boring
"I'm hosting a happy hour on Friday to benefit the Children's Miracle Network, the pageant's charity partner, and a nonprofit that raises funds for 170 children's hospitals," Miss Boring, 23, tells Inside the Beltway.
"He's happy about it, he supports it," says Miss Boring, adding that the prospect of a Miss America college scholarship is an irresistible draw.