- Obama to Central American leaders: I need help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Topic - Perry Christie
A bridge in the Bahamas was renamed Friday to honor Oscar-winning actor Sidney Poitier, with no sign of any protests called for by an opposition politician.
A bridge in the Bahamas is being renamed to honor Sidney Poitier, who spent part of his childhood in the island chain east of Florida.
He told reporters Monday that solar emergency lights would soon be installed as well.
In a dedication speech, Christie noted his philanthropy in the Bahamas and his "awe-inspiring," life story.