- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
- Publisher unveils Hillary Clinton’s new memoir — ‘Hard Choices’
- Britain’s Labour Party hires David Axelrod — but can’t spell his name
- Washington and Lee law students demand ban on Confederate flag, say Gen. Lee was racist
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- Ann Coulter takes up ‘Mitt Romney for President’ chant again
Latest Peru Items
Sting says he is concerned by violence and repression in Libya and hopes peace will return to the troubled country.
Kelly Hearn's Tuesday Page One article "U.S. questions development bank after troubled gas project" contained serious errors of fact and misleading information about the Camisea gas project in Peru, which the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) helped finance.
China raised its key interest rate Tuesday for the first time since the global financial crisis as it tries to control inflation and rapid growth even as other Asian economies move to keep their recoveries on track.
Some ancient penguins may have been twice as big as today's Emperor penguin but they lacked the dashing tuxedo. Researchers unearthed remains of a nearly 5-foot-tall penguin that roamed what is now Peru about 36 million years ago, and they also discovered fossilized feathers that show back then, the flightless bird was a more motley mix of reddish-brown and gray.
Some say the San Miguel River is a river with eyes: A swimming child bolts from the water and disappears into the jungle. A boatman revs his outboard engine. A chain saw grinds to an ear-splitting whine - all potential warnings of illegally armed groups operating in this dense jungle, where a sizable portion of the world's cocaine is produced and shipped.
A court in Peru has revoked parole for American activist Lori Berenson. It has ordered that she be captured and sent back to prison to finish the last five years of her 20-year prison sentence for aiding leftist rebels.
Joran van der Sloot, the main suspect in the killing of a young woman in Peru last month and in the 2005 disappearance of U.S. teenager Natalee Holloway, suffers from mental problems, his mother told a Dutch newspaper in an interview published on its website Sunday.
The song Sam Baker sings probes the psychological legacy for Mr. Baker, who had been talking to the boy before the bomb went off. Its title, "Broken Fingers," reveals part of the physical legacy — three twisted, unusable fingers that forced him to relearn to play the guitar left-handed.
PISCO, Peru (AP) Rescuers combed rubble for survivors after a powerful earthquake devastated cities and sent a church's soaring ceiling tumbling down on hundreds of worshippers in southern Peru, and at least five aftershocks struck early today.