- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Pete Rose Items
During his 13-year career as an All-Star catcher, Mike Scioscia earned a reputation for being as tough as anyone when it came to blocking home plate.
Major League Baseball has issued a new rule that would ban collisions at home plate between the catcher and runner, a response seen by some as a knee-jerk and needless attempt to prevent injuries.
Pete Rose sounded bowled over.
Discussion to limit or ban collisions has intensified since May 2011, when San Francisco's Buster Posey was injured by Florida's Scott Cousins. Posey, an All-Star catcher, sustained a broken bone in his lower left leg and three torn ligaments in his ankle, an injury that ended his season.
Marlon Byrd moved across Pennsylvania to Philadelphia.
Lou Brock's shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Rose's bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era.
Home plate collisions could become a thing of the past, along with blown calls on the bases.
The "semper fidelis" devotion of John M. Dowd is a major reason he finds himself locked in battle against the highest levels of the Marine Corps, including the commandant, Gen. James F. Amos, whom he accuses of misconduct.
The last time the core members of the Big Red Machine were assembled on a baseball field, they were celebrating their second consecutive World Series championship at the old Yankee Stadium in 1976.