- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
Latest Peter Franchot Items
Comptroller Peter Franchot is praising a vote by a state task force to recommend a longer summer break for Maryland students.
Maryland fiscal officials urged lawmakers Wednesday to reject Gov. Martin O'Malley's proposal to help fill a budget hole with $100 million intended to shore up pension liabilities.
A Denver-based company will be paid up to $2 million more to help address one of the problems resulting from computer glitches with the state's health care exchange.
Maryland has ended fiscal year 2012 with nearly $230 million more than expected.
Maryland Comptroller Peter Franchot has joined those opposing the $1.6 billion State Center development.
The best way to use additional dollars that enter the D.C. piggy bank prompted hours of debate on Tuesday among council members, prompting one to term it a "bizarre bazaar."
ANNAPOLIS — Tough economic conditions have contributed to an unprecedented drive for the largest shares of the state's $341 million school-construction money, exposing political rifts throughout the state.
ANNAPOLIS - Tough economic conditions have contributed to an unprecedented drive for the largest shares of the state's $341 million school-construction money, exposing political rifts throughout the state.
ANNAPOLIS (AP) — Comptroller Peter Franchot has returned $54,000 in campaign contributions from a Hollywood movie mogul who violated Maryland campaign-finance law shortly before the November 2006 elections, a campaign official said yesterday.