- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Peter Gammons
Part job fair, part executive gathering, part frat party, the four-day winter meetings have it all. Thousands of baseball people, from minor-league job seekers to equipment managers, converge every December. Almost none of them leave the hotel, this year Disney's Swan and Dolphin Resort just outside Orlando.
The senior at Algonquin Regional High School in Northborough, Mass., who has broken a string of national stories as Major League Baseball's offseason bazaar hums along. He doesn't make a dime for the pieces he writes for SB Nation's MLB Daily Dish, but views the non-stop demands of covering baseball's offseason as an investment in a career that has started earlier than he believed possible.
Prosecutors on Monday said they might call former baseball players Barry Bonds and Jose Canseco, current baseball Commissioner Bud Selig and New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman as witnesses in the Roger Clemens perjury case. The defense said it might call former Clemens teammates Paul O'Neill, Jorge Posada and Mike Stanton and baseball writer Peter Gammons.
Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts will have no problem spending on free agents, and said the jobs of general manager Jim Hendry and manager Mike Quade are safe.