- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Peter Jackson Items
New Zealand may lose the filming of "The Hobbit" movies, with financial backers Warner Brothers making arrangements to shift the production offshore, director Peter Jackson warned Thursday.
It's time to celebrate again in Middle Earth.
"An international group of actors' unions, including [the Screen Actors Guild], has warned members not to work on 'The Hobbit' because of failed efforts to organize the film's New Zealand production — a move Peter Jackson disparages as a 'power grab,'" writes Josh Dickey at the Wrap.
George Romero talks to Zadzooks about his life, his work and the pop-culture evolution of his lumbering, human-stalking, flesh-eating zombies.
Film director Guillermo del Toro confirmed yesterday that "The Lord of the Rings" stars Ian McKellen (Gandfalf) and Andy Serkis (Gollum) will return in two movies based on "The Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkien.