- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Peter Morici Items
The fiery debate over Obamacare this week sparked new fears about the harm it will inflict on our economy, jobs and the rising costs of medical care.
Throughout his economically troubled presidency, Barack Obama has had as a governing strategy political distraction: blaming his failures on others in an attempt to convince enough Americans that he's not at all responsible for an underperforming, jobless economy.
This is shaping up as the month that President Obama and the Democrats begin to slip further into political decline and irrelevance.
The government's latest reports that the economy grew at a 3.6 percent annual rate in the third quarter and created 203,000 new jobs last month left out a lot of caveats.
There was little to like in the budget bill that passed Congress by strong vote margins this week and temporarily reopened the government.
President Obama's rapid plunge into economic-, fiscal- and foreign-policy chaos has dealt a huge political blow to his long-troubled presidency.
President Obama has fled the White House for the peace and serenity of the beaches and golf links of Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts leaving behind a mess of polls with failure written all over them.
The Federal Reserve served notice this week that it will begin scaling back its costly economic stimulus program this year that has been propping up the chronically weak Obama economy.
In the sixth month of his second term, President Obama is still putting his national security team together and trying to figure out what he wants to do during the remainder of his presidency.