- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Latest Peter O'Malley Items
Major League Baseball owners approved the sale of the San Diego Padres on Thursday to a group that includes the O'Malley family and pro golfer Phil Mickelson.
The O'Malleys are back in the baseball business.
Major League Baseball owners have approved the sale of the San Diego Padres to a group that includes the O'Malley family and pro golfer Phil Mickelson, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press on Thursday.
Don't worry, San Diego, Phil Mickelson promises to leave the Padres' baseball decisions to the baseball people.
A group that includes former Los Angeles Dodgers owner Peter O'Malley and pro golfer Phil Mickelson reached agreement Monday to buy the San Diego Padres from John Moores in a deal believed to be around $800 million.
Even if you're a Giants fan, it should be possible to root a bit for the archrival Dodgers if nice-guy Joe Torre becomes part of the club's ownership group.
Maybe a "For Sale" sign should be erected outside Dodger Stadium.
One of baseball's proudest franchises is in tatters, its future to be decided not on the field but in the courtroom.
Dick Walsh, a former executive with the Los Angeles Dodgers, California Angels and the North American Soccer League, has died. He was 85.