- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Peter Roskam
State Medicaid systems are not using safeguards meant to avoid fraudulent claims, according to a Monday report from the chief investigator at the Department of Health and Human Services.
The race for the House GOP's whip leadership post is turning into a two-man affair, lawmakers said Wednesday after emerging from a closed-door meeting where they heard pitched from the candidates.
With Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy poised to ascend the House leadership ladder, conservatives are turning their attention to the race to succeed him as their best chance to have one of their own win a high leader's post.
Less than a year ago, Rep. Nancy Pelosi was forced to move across the second floor hall of the Capitol, leaving behind the magnificent speaker's balcony that overlooks the National Mall. With the possibility of retaking control of the House of Representatives growing more remote by the day, the California Democrat will have to get used to the east-front view of parked cars and the visitors' center entrance as her Democratic colleagues abandon ship.
Two days before the talking points were drafted, Roskam issued his own statement condemning the attacks.
"The majority whip race is about the person who has the best ability to engage our members, to advocate for conservative ideas, and to drive our colleagues in the fight to stop Obama administration policies and to enact our smart, conservative ideals," he wrote.