- Herman Cain profiled in ‘Political Power’ comic book
- Hagel renews Qatar defense pact despite differences over Iran, Syria
- Fire departments fear Obamacare will gut volunteer ranks
- Rep. Alan Grayson loses $18M in stock scheme
- Christmas secularists get 6-foot beer-can Festivus pole at Florida Statehouse
- George Zimmerman’s girlfriend flips on assault: Let ‘my boyfriend’ go
- Lululemon Athletica chairman quits after firestorm over his fat-thighs comment
- CBS’ beleaguered Lara Logan gets a cheerleader — Dan Rather
- Jesus tops list as most significant figure in history; Mohammed at 4th
- See a drone? ‘Shoot it down,’ says Colorado ordinance
Latest Peter Items
After bouncing around like a pinball, the new mortgage loan originator compensation rule finally has become a reality. The rule is designed to deter "steering," the practice of a loan originator directing a customer to a lender that offers unfavorable mortgage terms.
A massive cyclone struck northeastern Australia early Thursday, tearing off roofs, toppling trees and cutting power to thousands, the most powerful storm to hit the area in nearly a century.
Canucks forward Rick Rypien has apologized for grabbing a fan during a game last week.
There is no shortage of books, fiction and nonfiction, relating events occurring in Germany during the days before and during World War II. The atmosphere prevalent during that time and the cruelty and inhumanity of what went on are not unfamiliar even to readers who do not remember the time firsthand.
Vancouver enforcer Rick Rypien was suspended six games Friday for grabbing a fan during the Canucks' loss to Minnesota this week.
Vancouver enforcer Rick Rypien was suspended indefinitely Wednesday, pending a hearing, for grabbing a fan Tuesday night in the Canucks' loss in Minnesota.
A drilling rig punched through to the underground purgatory where 33 miners have been trapped for 66 agonizing days under the Chilean desert, raising cheers, tears and hopes on Saturday.
One of Vendela Vida's talents is picking out details with magpie skill, going for those that glitter evocatively of locations and states of mind. In "The Lovers," she deploys this virtuoso gift to explore the life of Yvonne, a widowed history teacher from Burlington, Vt., who is vacationing in Turkey.
It's been a long time since Nietzsche announced that God was dead. But debates over the existence of God have taken on an urgency in the 21st century, mainly argued by atheists eager to take on those long-dead monks who counted the angels dancing on the head of a pin. Theology is not a popular subject at the dinner parties of urban political sophisticates; a host who says grace before a meal could curdle the gazpacho. But atheism is a fashionable topic in Washington.