- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Topic - Peterson
It's getting harder for small Iowa cities to find and keep enough volunteers willing to staff their ambulances and it's an increasing concern among fire chiefs and ambulance directors.
Jurors at Drew Peterson's murder trial withdrew Wednesday to begin deliberations on whether the former Illinois police sergeant murdered his third wife.
Artist and naturalist Roger Tory Peterson's illustrated Field Guide series helped popularize bird watching the world over and set the standard for the modern nature guide. Next month, bird lovers will have the chance to buy the original paintings, drawings and photographs that were used to illustrate his system of bird identification.
Nestled a half mile inside a hardened rock tunnel, the Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center buzzed with excitement on July 4, 2006, as the shuttle Discovery prepared to launch.
"At the same time, we have continued to monitor long-range aviation in our NORAD mission, as well as support security efforts at the Democratic and Republican National Conventions," he said. "These multiple and near-simultaneous operations, which in the past would have caused impediments in our unity of effort and time-sensitive decision making, were improved because of the new consolidated command center."
"We've just got a long, tough, hard season," said Peterson, who improved to 50-4 at Boise State, "and the bull's-eye will continue to grow.